Dr. Mohammed Kaced
tel. +213 24 81 91 70
Scope and purposes
In the middle of the so called unconventional gas revolution, one of the most important challenges to be faced by the industry is the development of reliable estimates for both conventional and unconventional reserves and resources.
While performing this task, this group will identify the most important projects under development and their potential impact in the availability of natural gas from both regional and global standpoints.
Exploratory hotspots and new frontiers will be highlighted, and the most important trends, opportunities, uncertainties and threats to be faced by the upstream segment of the gas industry will be listed and dealt with.
This group will also examine a number of initiatives for the reduction of associated gas flares as a means to enhance the supply of natural gas.
Deliverables include the assessment of
- Remaining reserves and resources of conventional gas;
- Reserves and resources of shale gas, tight gas, coal bed methane and natural gas hydrates;
- Initiatives for gas flaring reduction and enhancement of gas supply;
- Exploratory and discovery trends;
- New frontiers and exploratory areas for natural gas
|Denis Krambeck Dinelli||Petrobras||Brazil|
|João Batista de Toledo||Petrobras||Brazil|
|Montri Silpa-Arch||PTT E&P||Thailand|
|Naruepon Lecksiwilai||PTT E&P||Thailand|
Return to WOC 1: Exploration and Production