- 16th European Gas Conference
- 2011 marks the 10th anniversary of Gassco – the Norwegian transportation service operator. More than 33 years of Norwegian supply to the European gas market – has it provided diversification and economic growth or too much import dependency? Providing an overview of the European Gas Scene – what will be the role of Norway as a key supplier in the future energy mix of Europe?
- When Jun 06, 2011 11:00 AM to Jun 07, 2011 03:00 PM (UTC / UTC0)
- Add event to calendar iCal
Confirmed speakers include (please see weblink for full details on all speakers):
- Charles Hendry, Minister of State, Department of Energy and Climate Change, UK
Charles Hendry has been Member of Parliament for Wealden since 2001. Prior to joining the Government, he was Shadow Minister for Energy. He had previously held the position of Shadow Minister for Energy, Industry and Postal Affairs.
- Dr. Fatih Birol, Chief Economist, International Energy Agency Dr Fatih Birol is the Chief Economist of the International Energy Agency and Director, Office of The Chief Economist, with overall responsibility for the organisation’s economic analysis of energy and climate change policy.
- Marcel Kramer, Chief Executive Officer, South Stream
Marcel Kramer is Chief Executive Officer, South Stream AG. He has over the past 35 years held a number of positions in the international oil and gas indsutry.
- Eldar Sætre, Executive vice president in Statoil ASA since October 2003. External offices: Member of the board of Strømberg Gruppen AS and Trucknor AS.; Experience: He joined Statoil in 1980 and has since held several management positions in the group, mainly in the fields of accounting and finance.
- Professor Jonathan Stern, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies
Jonathan Stern is Director of Gas Research at the Oxford Institute for Energy Studies; Honorary Professor at the Centre for Energy, Petroleum & Mineral Law & Policy, University of Dundee; and Visiting Professor at Imperial College’s Centre for Environmental Policy in London